Monday, June 18, 2012

Answer to the Notepad and Shopping Trip questions.

After posting about my coupon organizing I had several emails asking how I manage to only take my notepad in for my BIG couponing trips. Along with a couple other questions.

CLICK ON READ MORE BELOW TO READ FULL POST



The way I sort my trip is by making a detailed list of my transactions for my trip BEFORE hand and I seperate the coupons out per transaction. If I run into a product I can't find or that is out of stock I remove my coupon from my transaction list and rework my transactions BEFORE I head to the checkout lane that way if needed I can head out to my veichle and grab a coupon for a substitute item. Trust me the cashiers appreciate the fact that I am organized, already know what coupons I am using and what items are in each transaction. I have had many a cashier say "thank you for being organized" and tell me about their dislike of disorganized couponers along with some pretty horrible stories (makes me feel bad for these cashiers).

I have had a few of our nearby members recycle my lists when I was done with them (asked me if they could have them so they could copy my trips). I have also had a few ask me to make them TRIP lists based on their coupons and needs. If anyone ever needs help with a list feel free to email me. texassavingsjunkies@yahoo.com make sure you put ATTN: Diana/Help with List in the subject line so it is forwarded to me.

As the wise saying goes "Organization is the key to couponing success." (wink)

As for where I bought my notepad, I bought it at Walgreens on clearance a couple years back. I know you can still find them in several different sizes at Staple, Office Depot, or Office Max.

As for the questions about offering a couponing trip or trips that anyone can join in on for some pointers, If we have enough people interested I will try and set something up as soon as the kiddos are back in school.

Again for any other questions feel free to email texassavingsjunkies@yahoo.com or in the comments below.
If you have any pictures or stories to share about your couponing/savings trip send them in so we can share them.






No comments:

Post a Comment