Sunday, July 22, 2012

Multiple Insert Coupon Cutting 101 (and a sneak peek into my kitchen lol)

The BIGGEST question I get is "How do you cut ALL those coupons?!" and then I get "Where do you find the TIME to cut them ALL?!" Since I have a bit of time today I will show ya'll! It doesn't take me long to cut them and when my daughters are willing to help it goes faster. I use what I call "the assembly line" method. Cutting my coupons works for me because I have people in my family and at work ask me for certain coupons. I recently downsized my 2100 sq ft  5 bedroom home to a 3 bedroom 1600 square foot town home in order to save money for a BETTER  (mine was very old and falling apart) house. So now I use my Kitchen counters (and top of my deep freezer) for my assembly line and sorting. (I have my wonderful Mom & Dad to thank for all the inserts they collect from their neighbors)

I start by sorting out all my different inserts as each papers inserts vary.

Then I spread them all out on the counters for my "assembly line"
Then I just go through and separate the pages down the line 1 at a time (with my 3 girls following behind me grabbing the next page it takes no time at all. I just hand tear the double pages down the middle.
As for the actual cutting I use my FAVORITE scissors which came with my Miracle Blade knife set my husband picked up at the State fair last year . They cut through 25 sheets at a time and are still sharp after many a coupon cutting session. (before that I could only cut up to 10 at a time)





And that's it! No big secret or magic wand. I do sometimes wish I had that magic wand though so that my daughters would WILLINGLY help.

No comments:

Post a Comment